Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: fence_xvmd doesn't starts

Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 09:21:02PM +0200, carlopmart wrote:
carlopmart wrote:
carlopmart wrote:
carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

I am running standalone xen host using rhel5 with three rhel5 xen guest with cluster-suite. I have setup fence_xvm as a fence device on all three guest. On the host side I have setup fence_xvmd on cluster.conf file.

My problems starts when I need to restart xen server host. Every time that reboots, fence_xvmd doesn't starts. If I execute "service cman restart" all its ok: fence_xvmd starts. Why?? How can I fix it??

Many thanks.

Please I need an answer about this ...

Well I think that I found the problem: cman startup script. In this line:

   # Check for presence of Domain-0; if it's not there, we can't
   # run xvmd.
   #
   xm list --long 2> /dev/null | grep -q "Domain-0" || return 1

If it is executed from command line any result is returned:

[root xenhost xen]# xm list --long 2> /dev/null | grep -q "Domain-0"
[root xenhost xen]#

If I put -X under /etc/sysconfig/cman on FENCE_XVMD_OPTS, nothing happens. Is this a bug???

Please any hints about this???

It sounds like a bug that is fixed in 5.1 beta.  fence_xvmd needs xend
to be running.

Now, in 5.0, if xend didn't start, fence_xvmd didn't correctly start.

In 5.1 beta, fence_xvmd will wait for xend to start.

Mant thanks Lon. I will wait until rhel 5.1 is released. Meanwhile, i will start fence_xvmd manually from rc.local.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com