[Linux-cluster] GFS: drop_count and drop_period tuning

Hagmann, Michael Michael.Hagmann at hilti.com
Wed Sep 12 19:50:20 UTC 2007

Claudio

the Problem is that ( befor glock_purge Parameter ) no real mechanism to release glocks exists, the only limit is the memory size. Because we have a lot of Memory ( min. 32 GB RAM  ) and 6 Nodes, DLM cam on its limit to handle the locks ( over 6 million ) and timed out !

That means for you, maybe you use less memory but was is more important "performance" The DLM has less glocks to handle and is faster! In our Case the Cluster was, wihout this parameter not able to run!

But I don't now how this impact the drop_cout value.

mike

Michael Hagmann
UNIX Systems Engineering
Enterprise Systems Technology