[Linux-cluster] GFS Performance Problem / coherency between GFS access speed, and network bandwidth

Thanks for the hints.

No, I do not mount with -o noatime because some of our applications need atime. Further this would only speed up reading, not writing.

I also tried the http://sourceware.org/cluster/faq.html#gfs_tuning hints. -o noquota gives some aditional performance but only a few percent.

Supprisingly the 1000BaseTX network's bandwidth is not totally used at all, just a small percentage.
Can the effect depend on network latency?