[Linux-cluster] CS4 U5 / recommended quorumd values for two nodes cluster ? (contd.)

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Wed Sep 19 09:50:29 UTC 2007

Hi

As said before, I'm trying for the first time to
add a quorum disk on my two nodes cluster.
Finally, I've set parameters as below :

        <quorumd interval="1" tko="10" votes="1" log_level="9"
log_facility="local4" status_file="/tmp/qdisk_status" label="CS4QUORUMDISK">
        </quorumd>
and
	<clusternode name="node1" votes="1">
and
	<clusternode name="node2" votes="1">
and
        <cman expected_votes="3" two_node="0"/>

With these parameters values for my two nodes cluster, I have
to launch the Cluster Suite on both nodes, it can't be
launched on one node only because cman detects "not quorate".

Is there a way to avoid this ? to be able to launch CS4 only
on one side ?
(I guess expected_votes="2" but would this value lead to other problems ... ?)

By the way, how can I be shure that quorum disk is really used , where can
I see traces ? (I see nothing in syslog)

Thanks a lot for your help
Alain Moullé