[Linux-cluster] (newbie) mirrored data / cluster ?

Daniel Maher dma+linuxcluster at witbe.net
Tue Apr 1 09:41:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:57:46 -0500 "MARTI, ROBERT JESSE"
<RJM002 at shsu.edu> wrote:

> You don't have to have a mirrored LVM to do what youre trying to do.
> You just need a common mountable share - typically a SAN or NAS.  It
> shouldn't be too hard to configure (and I've already done it).  You
> don't even *have* to have cluster suite - if you have a load balancer.
> My brain isn't fast enough today to figure out how to share a load
> without a load balanced VIP or a DNS round robin (which should be easy
> to do as well).

Thank you for your reply.  As for your suggestion of having a common
mountable share - well, yes, that's exactly what i'm trying to do.
I want to take to servers, and create a NAS device from them.  I don't
already have a load balancer, but using RRDNS is straightforward
enough.

The other aspect of this initiative is to gain some useful applicative
experience with cluster suite, as we'd like to clusterise our front-end
web servers down the road as well.

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>