Re: [Linux-cluster] (newbie) mirrored data / cluster ?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:57:46 -0500 "MARTI, ROBERT JESSE"
<RJM002 shsu edu> wrote:

> You don't have to have a mirrored LVM to do what youre trying to do.
> You just need a common mountable share - typically a SAN or NAS.  It
> shouldn't be too hard to configure (and I've already done it).  You
> don't even *have* to have cluster suite - if you have a load balancer.
> My brain isn't fast enough today to figure out how to share a load
> without a load balanced VIP or a DNS round robin (which should be easy
> to do as well).

Thank you for your reply.  As for your suggestion of having a common
mountable share - well, yes, that's exactly what i'm trying to do.
I want to take to servers, and create a NAS device from them.  I don't
already have a load balancer, but using RRDNS is straightforward

The other aspect of this initiative is to gain some useful applicative
experience with cluster suite, as we'd like to clusterise our front-end
web servers down the road as well.

Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>