Re: [Linux-cluster] Unformatting a GFS cluster disk

James Chamberlain wrote:

On Mar 25, 2008, at 5:54 PM, Bob Peterson wrote:

If it were my file system, and I didn't have a backup, and I had
data on it that I absolutely needed to get back, I personally would
use the gfs2_edit tool (assuming RHEL5, Centos5 or similar) which can
mostly operate on gfs1 file systems.  The "gfs_edit" tool will also
work, but it is much more primitive than gfs2_edit (but at least it
exists on RHEL4, Centos4 and similar).

Any idea what RPM gfs_edit would be in for RHEL4/CentOS 4? I've got CentOS 4.6, and I'm not finding it anywhere.

AFAIK its not provided in RHEL4. In RHEL5 it would be in gfs-utils package.
John

Thanks,

James