Re: [Linux-cluster] Problem in clvmd and iscsi-target

Nuno Fernandes napisaƂ(a):
> Hi,
>
> There is a race condition in iscsi-target and clvmd that does not allow me to
> export a volume by iscsi and use it localy in clvmd.
>
> I have two servers "black" and "gray". "Gray" has two drives hda (for
> filesystem) and hdb (that is going to be exported through iscsi to "black").
> Then both machines are part of a 2 node cluster to use clvmd.
>
> root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/iscsi-target start
> Starting iSCSI target service:                             [  OK  ]
> root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/clvmd start
> Starting clvmd:                                            [  OK  ]
> Activating VGs:   No volume groups found
>                                                            [  OK  ]
> root gray ~ # pvcreate /dev/hdb
>   Can't open /dev/hdb exclusively.  Mounted filesystem?
> root gray ~ # /etc/init.d/iscsi-target stop
> Stopping iSCSI target service:                             [  OK  ]
> root gray ~ # pvcreate /dev/hdb
>   Physical volume "/dev/hdb" successfully created
> root gray ~ #
>
> I cannot use clvmd and iscsi-target on the same machine? If i create a logical
> volume is is activated in "black"
>
> lvdisplay -C
>   LV     VG    Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
>   teste2 teste -wi-a-   1.00G
>
> and in "gray" is disabled:
>
> root gray ~ # lvdisplay -C
>   LV     VG    Attr   LSize Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
>   teste2 teste -wi-d- 1.00G
>
> Any ideas?

Hello,

This is strange to me. I have naver done it but I'm sure it is possible
to do! There is nothing special in /etc/init.d/iscsi-target what could
wrong. Could You send Your /etc/ietd.conf. I think that You have
exported /dev/hdb via iscsi, ant here is Your problem.

Best Regards
Maciej Bogucki