Re: [Linux-cluster] Virtual service without GFS

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 23:12 +0200, Jakub Suchy wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to run a virtual service on a cluster (XEN host) without
> using GFS? I know I can create an ext3 partition, but it is not possible
> to add a resource to virtual service, so I can't join ext3 to it.

Yes, but ...

 * the same rules apply as if you were using GFS
   * The storage used by the Xen virtual machine must be accessible from
all cluster members.
   * fencing is required

For example, you can store the guest images on raw SAN partitions
without using GFS if you wish.

-- Lon