[Linux-cluster] Migration of VMs instead of relocation

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:52:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM, John Ruemker <jruemker at redhat.com> wrote:
>  I believe migration will be the default in RHEL5.2, but for now you can
> follow the instructions at http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_51_11879
>
>  John

I already fixed that. (It is just to improve performances right? live
migration vs. migration)
My problem is quite different.
Imagine you have to shutdown a node for maintenance... you have to
manually migrate all the vms to other nodes before actually shut it
down.
If you don't, rgmanager takes care of relocating the vms using
"relocate" which will result in stopping the service (vm unclean
destroy) and starting it somewhere else.
I am trying to avoid this kind of behavior.

--
Federico.