[Linux-cluster] Migration of VMs instead of relocation

Federico Simoncelli federico.simoncelli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:12:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:45 PM, John Ruemker <jruemker at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes, which is the fix included in that kbase I posted.
>  Leo Pleiman wrote:
> >
> > Isn't this fixed by adding --live to the migration line in the vm.sh
> script?

I agree with you that adding --live (or -l) would enable live
migration but only when you issue a migrate request with the command:

  # clusvcadm -M vm:clustered_guest -n cluster2-2
(taken from the kbase posted)

It works. Agreed.
The problem is that when you shutdown a node the rgmanager is stopped
(migration is not involved for as much as I know).

  # service rgmanager stop

This would stop rgmanager (as much as a node shoutdown would do) and
the services are stopped and started on available nodes.
I would like to automatically migrate the vms instead.
Can you try this and confirm that the fix in the kbase is not related
to this behavior?
Thank you.

--
Federico.