Re: [Linux-cluster] Fencing Driver API Requirements

Hi,

gordan bobich net wrote:

I remember that this was mentioned several times in the last few months, but has any documentation been put together on the API that the fencing drivers are supposed to cover?

I'm looking into writing a fencing driver based on disabling switch ports on a managed 3com switch via the telnet interface, and I'd like to make sure that it conforms to any speciffic requirements that might exist. If someone could point me at the relevant URL, that would be most appreciated.

There is a new python module in the git (master branch / cluster/gence/agents/lib/fencing.py) that should contain everything you should need to write a fence agent. This module was used to built several agents (they are just in the git tree) eg. apc/apc.py, drac/drac5.py, wti/wti.py. If you will find any problem with fencing.py, let me know and I will try to fix it.

marx,
--

Marek Grac
Red Hat Czech s.r.o.