Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS in RHCS on RHEL5.1

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, denis wrote:

Hi,

I was under the impression that installing Red Hat Cluster Suite with
GFS in RHEL5.1 was a "supported" solution, but a colleague informed me
that the GFS version in RHEL5.x is currently a technology preview?!

Is this correct, and if so, what is my best option for running a shared
filesystem between my clusternodes (i have a SAN available)?

Your colleague is semi-misinformed.

GFS1 is stable (and has been for years) and available in RHEL5. GFS2 is tech preview. So if you are deploying a cluster right now, do it with GFS1. GFS2 is not yet recommended for production use.

Gordan