[Linux-cluster] Severe problems with 64-bit RHCS on RHEL5.1

Harri Päiväniemi harri.paivaniemi at tietoenator.com
Thu Apr 17 08:30:30 UTC 2008

No,

I strongly believe it should not work that way.

To my mind, it should work like this:

- 2 nodes up'n running, everything ok
- shutdown cluster daemons on node b
- node b tells node a "I'm going administrative down", node a is
decreasing cluster votes from 3 --> 2
- node a is happy, no fencing

- start node b's cluster daemons
- joins to cluster normally
- gains quorum device normally, cluster votes back --> 3

Of course it's different if node b fails, but this is not failing, it's
administrative shutdown and node a is informed.

If I halt node b, it's fenced ok by node a, as it should be, it reboots
and joins to cluster normally.

-hjp