Re: [Linux-cluster] Severe problems with 64-bit RHCS on RHEL5.1

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Harri Päiväniemi wrote:

But still, I just can't solve this:

- 2 nodes up'n running, works totally ok
- stop another nodes cman, qdiskd and rgmanager
- start those again (qdiskd-cman-rgmanager OR cman-qdiskd-rgmanager OR
cman-rgmanager-qdiskd)

I'll end up to situation where

- restarted node sees quorum device offline and another node online. It
has 2 votes so it is quorate

- another node sees restarted node offline. It also has 2 votes so it is
quorate

Node reboot solves the problem.

I'm sure I have seen a post on this list recently explaining why this (or a similar condition) is normal and expected. But for some reason I cannot seem to find it...

Gordan