RE: [Linux-cluster] IP-based tie-breaker on a 2-node cluster?

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Harri Paivaniemi tietoenator com wrote:

What Gordan said is true,

but you could also just tune deadnode_timeout to be different on both nodes: this results the behaviour Gordan told - the node that has smaller deadnode_timeout would fence first.

Now, why didn't I know about this before? Much neater than my hack of putting a different sleep in the two fencing agents. :-)

Thanks.

Gordan