[Linux-cluster] IP-based tie-breaker on a 2-node cluster?

Andrew Lacey alacey at brynmawr.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:44:08 UTC 2008

> but you could also just tune deadnode_timeout to be different on both
> nodes: this results the behaviour Gordan told - the node that has smaller
> deadnode_timeout would fence first.

Would this work in a situation where the switch was down for a few
minutes? Suppose the deadnode_timeout is 30 seconds on one node and 60
seconds on the other. So, after 60 seconds of switch downtime, both nodes
would be trying to fence. If the switch comes up after being down for 5
minutes, they would still immediately fence each other. Or am I not
thinking about this correctly?

-Andrew L