[Linux-cluster] IP-based tie-breaker on a 2-node cluster?

Harri.Paivaniemi at tietoenator.com Harri.Paivaniemi at tietoenator.com
Thu Apr 17 17:03:52 UTC 2008

If you just want to have a cluster where client network can be down infinitely without cluster to take actions,

you have to run cluster heartbeat via cross-cable and deny cluster's link monitoring in client interface.

Or then start using qdisk and build heuristics.

Note, that in RHCS 5 deadnode_timeout doesn't exist anymore in /proc. It's totem token there, but havn't checked where it lives in /proc or maby it's in /sys nowadays.

-hjp