Re: [Linux-cluster] IP-based tie-breaker on a 2-node cluster?

Just an update...I set up the cluster to communicate over a crossover
cable, and to monitor_link for the public IP address. This works great for
the scenario where one node loses its public network link (services fail
over to the other node, without fencing), and reasonably well for the
scenario where both lose their public links (cluster services stop cleanly
after both nodes realize they lost their links, but nothing is fenced).

The only remaining thing I want to do is get the deadnode_timeout set up
so that if the crossover cable link is lost, one node will always fence
the other first (rather than both at the same time). I tried just changing
the value stored in /proc/cluster/config/cman/deadnode_timeout, but this
does not hold after a reboot (it changes back to default 21). Does anyone
know the right way to change this value on one node only?

-Andrew L