[Linux-cluster] Monitoring the fencing device

Hi all. My two-nodes cluster is up and running with a wti ips-800
fencing device.
Is there any way I can monitor the network connection to that device?
What if the ips gets disconnected?
I might hardly notice it... except when fencing will be needed and it
won't work.

Ref:
  http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/Fencing#fence_levels

I know I can use multiple fencing devices but I'm trying to keep the
solution as cheap as possible.
I am thinking to write a cron job (hourly?) to check the ips status
(fence_wti -T ...) and notify by mail if unreachable.
Any other idea?

Thanks.
--
Federico.