Re: qdisk and voting in RHEL4 CS (Re: [Linux-cluster] Is heuristic really required?)

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 14:18 -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Lon Hohberger wrote:
>
> > It's not really a node, and is not reported by CMAN in the nodes list as
> > it is in RHEL5/STABLE2 branches.

> Not so, it is sometimes reported by cman in the nodes list. Herewith the
> /proc/cluster/nodes file from four nodes of a cluster, each with qdiskd
> running:

Hmm, so the the quorum disk information is not reported via the cman
socket API.  So, for example, "clustat" never shows it.

The /proc/cluster/nodes file doesn't follow the same code path so it
seems.

The fact that it does not appear on one of the nodes is strange
(in /proc/cluster/nodes).  I would expect it to show up on all of them
after ~10-15 seconds of run-time of qdiskd.

-- Lon