[Linux-cluster] Directories gets Deleted during Failover

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 13:34:40 UTC 2008

Hi Ajeet,

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 15:46 +0530, Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been busy setting up Two Node cluster Setup and find that
> during the failover the directories created under mount point gets
> deleted.
>
> Please do let me know why it is behaving so?

You haven't given us enough information.
You haven't even said whether the file system is GFS, GFS2, EXT3,
XFS, etc., or NFS over one of the above.  In general, directories
should not just disappear.  Perhaps one of your nodes has the
file system mounted and the other does not, so when failover
occurs, it just looks like the directories are gone?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS