Re: [Linux-cluster] Fencing using iDRAC/ Dell M600

David J Craigon wrote:
Are you sure you are using an actual M600 blade chassis? On the ones
I've got, they speak a different language after the telnet from other
DRAC cards, hence the problem.

Indeed, they are SMASH-CLP

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/toolsctr/v1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.smash1_3.doc/smash_t_usingclp.html

As far as I can make out it is designed to be a vendor neutral out of band management processor interface. So a DRAC, ILO, LOM, etc. all look the same. I guess in about 10 years when everything in the data centre has such an interface it will make life simpler in multi vendor environments.

It is full of XML goodness if that sort of stuff is your cup of tea, and is supposed to be easier to script up.

You can get it on a standard DRAC5 by issuing a smclp command after login.

All that said it is the most tortuous pile of dino droppings I have had the misfortune to use. Not helped by a lack of documentation. Looks like it came right out of the same committee that dreamt up ACPI.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                      Tel: +441382-386998
Storage Administrator, College of Life Sciences