[Linux-cluster] luci cant perform cluster actions. How to debug?

Bevan Broun Bevan.Broun at ardec.com.au
Mon Aug 4 23:11:49 UTC 2008

Hi All

I have cluster where luci/ricci seems partially broken. Luci reports the cluster members and cluster state but it will not have a node leave or shutdown the cluster.

Performing shutdown/startup of cluster via the init scripts all works.

We had changed the node names manually in cluster.conf from fully qualified host names to IP addresses (with change added to cman init script to make this work). That's about the only thing I can think that may have caused the issue.

Would a non functioning DNS system cause issues?

How can I go about debugging where the issue is?

Thanks

Bevan Broun
Solutions Architect
Ardec International