[Linux-cluster] "last" in Linux do not give info like in Solaris' "last" (& how to capture 35 days worth of wtmp)

Hi,

In Solaris, "last" command can give me a lot of info including
the type of login (the source IP addr I login from, whether its
telnet/ssh/ftp).

I can't seem to find anything on this in my Linux
(uname -a    gives 2.4.20-8smp)

Also, how can I tuned wtmp to capture up to 35 days' worth
of data?

TIA