[Linux-cluster] GFS vs. GFS2: system-config-cluster, locking ...

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 13:59:45 UTC 2008

Hi Brett,

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 07:48 +0200, Brett Cave wrote:
> Centos modinfo on gfs also shows gfs2 as dependancy. locking is a
> seperate service from gfs, and from what I understand, both gfs and
> gfs2 use locking (lock_dlm). Not sure why there is this module
> dependancy. Have no idea why there is this depedancy though.

FYI--For 5.x, the locking infrastructure was common between GFS
and GFS2.  It has to do with the common lock harness "lock_dlm"
that is an interface between both GFS and GFS2 into the "dlm" module.
For 5.3, we're splitting the locking modules apart to get rid of
that dependency.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Clustering & GFS