[Linux-cluster] GFS as a Resource

Brett Cave brettcave at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 21:21:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Maurizio Rottin
<maurizio.rottin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/15 Chris Edwards <cedwards at smartechcorp.net>:
>> Whoops, scratch that last post.   I now have it working by leaving the entry
>> in fstab without the noauto and turning GFS off with chkconfig and allowing
>> the cluster service to turn it on.
>> Thanks again!
>
> i believe thats the wrong way.
> I know it works in that way, but:
> - if you have only one node, do not use gfs, it's slow!
> - if you have more than one node, use it -- and if you can, test gfs2
> as weel (it should be more and more fast) -- but do not mount it (only
> - i mean, you don't need it to be listed on a fstab) in fstab.

Not sure what the first "more" is referring to above - stable perhaps?

After a week of gfs2, i reverted back to gfs1 - found it to be more
stable - gfs2 is still experimental. Then again, I am still getting
buggy behaviour from gfs1.

On that note - anyone have any ideas as to why a node trying to mount
gfs after a hard reset has the following connection order (as per
logs) - gfs1.

dlm: connecting to 3
dlm: got connection from 4
dlm: connecting to 4
dlm: got connection from 4

GFS system hang at this point

or connecting to 3, got connection from 3, connecting to 3, got
connection from 4.

This happens quite often, and i have to restart all nodes to get gfs
back up... ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.