[Linux-cluster] rhel5 gfs1 or gfs2, how to prove that i have gfs1

Brett Cave brettcave at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:26:23 UTC 2008

2008/8/18 Anuj Singh (अनुज) <anujhere at gmail.com>:
> Hello everyone,
> I created a cluster on rhel5,
> To make the gfs1 file system I used following command.
>
> ' gfs_mkfs -t new_cluster:GFS -p lock_dlm -j2 /dev/MyVol0/MyLV0'
>
> Mounted /dev/MyVol0/MyLV0  on  /image.
> 'mount -t gfs /dev/MyVol0/MyLV0 /image '
> No error I got.
>
> Mount command gives me.
> /dev/mapper/MyVol0-MyLV0 on /image type gfs
> (rw,hostdata=jid=0:id=131073:first=1)
>
> My questions:
> 1) How to prove that I have gfs1 file system in use.
> 2) Ismod |grep gfs gives me.
> [root at pr0031 CL]# lsmod |grep gfs
> gfs                   252740  1
> gfs2                  341965  2 gfs,lock_dlm
> configfs               28753  2 dlm
> 3) rmmod gfs2
> ERROR: Module gfs2 is in use by gfs,lock_dlm
> ^^ why gfs2 module is in use?
> as lock_dlm is associated with gfs2, does it mean it's not production ready?

from	Bob Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com>
to	linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
date	Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM
subject	Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS vs. GFS2: system-config-cluster, locking ...

FYI--For 5.x, the locking infrastructure was common between GFS
and GFS2.  It has to do with the common lock harness "lock_dlm"
that is an interface between both GFS and GFS2 into the "dlm" module.
For 5.3, we're splitting the locking modules apart to get rid of
that dependency.