[Linux-cluster] NFS Issue?

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logica.com
Thu Aug 21 07:00:53 UTC 2008

Hello Guys,

I have few doubts and I think this gonna be best place to discuss.
I have two REDHAT Cluster nodes.My Clustat says:
[code]
tuxbuddy# clustat
Member Status: Quorate

  Member Name                              Status
  ------ ----                              ------
  ed1-cluster                           Online, Local, rgmanager
  ed2-cluster                           Online, rgmanager

  Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
  ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
  bang                 ed2-cluster                 started
tuxbuddy#
[/code]

The Service "bang" is just a test script and its doing the failover
successfully.

I have a third Server called Application Server which is  outside the
cluster.That Application server needs to be continously mounted on one
of the cluster nodes.So for that someone advised me of NFS.

Now I have NFS installed on both the cluster nodes and also in
Application Server.

What I think is When the first node failover the second one comes up.And
NFS too dies(stop) on first node(Correct me if I am wrong?)
Now The connectivity between failed node and Application Server fails?

I want such a setup in which The Application Server remain connected to
First node even if the first node does failover to the secondary cluster
nodes.

Any Suggestions?