[Linux-cluster] Cluster Infrastructure IRC meeting - Monday 25th of Aug 2pm UTC/GMT

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 06:46:08 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

When  : Monday 25th of Aug 2pm UTC/GMT (*)(**)
Where : irc.freenode.net #linux-cluster
Who   : everybody interested is invited to participate
Agenda: http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/Meetings/2008-Aug-25

This is our first IRC meeting and it is supposed to last approx. 1 hour.
Be prepared that it might last longer.

In order to give more space to open discussion please prepare yourself:

- everybody can add topics to the Agenda in the "Voice to the community"
   section.
- prepare a 5/10 lines summary for your topic before the meeting. Typing
   realtime takes too long.

- How it should work -

For each item on the agenda:

- fabbione (me on IRC) will make a call on the person that should talk
   about the item.
- The intersted person will copy/paste her/his own summary.
- Discussion/question on the specific item. If the discussion takes longer
   than 5 minutes, we will postpone it at the end of the meeting. This is
   to allow everybody to cast her/his own voice in the agenda. The meeting
   moderator will call on the time.

Some golden rules:

- please respect the person that is talking and give her/him time to
   complete what she/he is saying. Communication on IRC can be slow.
- Avoid to interrupt the discussion with Off-Topic items. We don't
   want to use moderation powers if we can avoid it.
- if, for any reason, your internet connection drops during the meeting,
   please message me and I will copy paste the last bits of the
   conversation.

After the meeting:

- please update the wiki for Actions (in case there are any to take)
- mail me with comments/suggestions on how was the meeting. It is
   perfectly ok to say "it's really bad" but it would also be nice to know
   if it was a good experience.

Fabio

(*) To convert from UTC/GMT to your local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

(**) some tools report UTC, others GMT.
For our simple usage of time, they can be considered the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time for the curious
people out there.