[Linux-cluster] one click to start httpd on all nodes - possible?

Alex linux at vfemail.net
Thu Aug 28 10:20:38 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 16:28, Marek 'marx' Grac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alex wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have 3 nodes, forming a cluster. How sould be configured a service in
> > cluster.conf file in order to be able to stop or to start httpd daemon on
> > all our nodes at the same time? All i can find in docs is related to
> > failover scenario (stoping httpd on one node wil cause starting httpd on
> > other node) which is not what i need. For nodes management i am using
> > conga, so, i would like to have a service to do that? Is possible? If
> > not, should i use other external tools (like nagios) to do that?
>
> I don't think that it is possible to do this directly. But it should be
> easy to create several services with
> httpd (perhaps with different failover domains) and then run/stop it
> using CLI tool:
>         clusvcadm -e service / clusvcadm -d service
> You can put this in any script and then you are able to start/stop it
> from anywhere

Hi marx,

Many thanks for your reply. This is not working for me. let simplify with 2
nodes. I created a service and a resource, as you suggest:

[snip from cluster.conf]
<service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="httpd_service">
<script ref="httpd_script"/>
</service>

<resources>
<script file="/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd" name="httpd_script"/>
</resources>
[end snip]

Now, supposing that httpd_service is running on one node, clusvcadm -d
httpd_service will disable service and stop httpd on that node, but clusvcadm
-e httpd_service will enable service on the node where is issued command and
will not start service also on the second node...so, as i said, is a failover
configuration. I want to be able to controll httpd in parallel on all nodes!
So, what is missing from my above cluster.conf setup?

Regards,
Alx