[Linux-cluster] GFS on Centos

We are investigating deploying GFS across a small pool of servers:

Centos 5.1 x86_64
GigE Networking

The data will consist of approximately 400GB of small JPG files accessed by
an inhouse java app.  The entire cluster is 50 machines but only 7 will
require access to this data repository.

GFS2 is not ready, yet... but my main question is, is it worth it to wait
for GFS2?  We are also looking at glusterfs.

Our goal is:

- low administrative (sysadm) overhead
- good performance when accessing lots of small files (<100Mb)

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Deutschland
http://www.galitz.org