[Linux-cluster] GFS2 on CentOS v5.2

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 09:32:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 10:03 +0100, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:59:47AM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 07:12:07PM +0200, Mikko Partio wrote:
> > >
> > > There has to be some drastic changes in GFS2 between 5.2 and 5.3 since I
> > > still haven't seen a single post in this list stating that GFS2 in 5.2 (or
> > > previous RHEL versions) is working for them. :)
> > >

> > Then you haven't been paying enough attention ;)
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cluster@redhat.com/msg04706.html
>
> I don't see how this answer negates Mikko's statement...

The reason that you've not seen reports from people running 5.2 and 5.1
(whether RHEL or CentOS) is that we've been discouraging people from
using those versions. The 5.3 beta version of RHEL is the best one for
eval purposes at the moment, also Fedora would be a good distro to test
if you want something thats most uptodate,

Steve.