Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2 lockup

gfs2_glocksmith++

--

Flávio do Carmo Junior aka waKKu

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Daan Biere <ebaydaan gmail com> wrote:
i'll vote for glocksmith:)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Kroth" <bpkroth gmail com>
To: "Bob Peterson" <rpeterso redhat com>
Cc: "linux clustering" <linux-cluster redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2 lockup

Bob Peterson <rpeterso redhat com> 2008-12-02 12:44:
----- "Steven Whitehouse" <swhiteho redhat com> wrote:
(snip)
| I know all that sounds quite complicated, but in fact its usually
| pretty easy to find the cause of deadlocks.
(snip)
| There is a tool which does some of this automatically, although I've
| not tried it myself as I tend to use the manual method still.
Hi,

Steve is referring to a down-and-dirty tool that I wrote a while back
when gfs2 hangs were more common.  Up to now it has just been sitting
on my hard drive and I dust it off if/when someone needs it.  I'd like
to open-source the tool and add it to our public cluster git
repository, maybe as part of the gfs2-utils package.

Before I do that, I want to run it by Fabio ("The Godfather") Di Nitto
for some cleanups: the tool does some ugly things to accomplish its
goal and I don't want to wake up with a horse head in my bed!

Until then, I'd like to propose a naming contest.  Right now I'm not
happy with the tool's name, which is currently "gfs2_hangalyzer".
Other names that have been suggested: gfs2_howsithangin, gfs2_anaglock
and gfs2_glocksmith.  Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS

I would vote for one of the last two: anaglock or glocksmith.