[Linux-cluster] Correct syntax for gfs entries in /etc/fstab (REHEL 5.2)

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 15:00:21 UTC 2008

----- "Shaun Mccullagh" <Shaun.Mccullagh at espritxb.nl> wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Is this entry valid in fstab for two GFS filesystems?
|
| /dev/vg_gfs/main_sites  /san/main_sites         gfs     noauto
| 0
| 0
| /dev/vg_gfs/main_data   /san/main_data          gfs     noauto
| 0
| 0
|

| If I exec  mount /san/main_data and  mount /san/main_sites
| these commands work fine, both GFS filesystems are mounted correctly.
|
| However if I exec     service gfs  start
| The gfs filesystems are not mounted.

Hi,

If you want the gfs file systems to be mounted at boot time, get rid
of the noauto in fstab (and leave the gfs init script the way it was).
Same goes for if you run the gfs init script manually.

Entries in fstab for GFS are not mounted until after the cluster is
running, which is why we have a separate gfs init script that runs
after the cman and clvmd scripts.  It's designed to process the gfs
entries in fstab that were ignored before the cluster was up, but it
treats the noauto mount option the same as the other mounts, meaning
it won't mount them when the script runs if they have noauto.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS