[Linux-cluster] Network latency requirements

Hi,

We're running an old RHEL3 cluster for which the network infrastructure is
about to be replaced. One of our network engineers asked what the latency
requirements of the cluster network were, but I drew a blank. I can't
imagine any modern switches are going to cause us any problems, but I'd
like to back this up with some hard figures if possible. Are there any
such requirements regarding network latency?

Cheers,

--
Steve Maddison
Sr. Unix/Linux Engineer