Re: [Linux-cluster] RHCS 4U6 deadnode_timeout

Bennie Thomas wrote:
I am trying to add <cman deadnode_timeout="10"/> to my cluster.conf file. to spead up the failover time. Howerver when I add this to the cluster.conf then check the settings with system-config-cluster I receive errors stating Invalid attribute deadnode_timeout for element cman. Where exactly am I suppose
to place this in the cluster.conf.

I believe system-config-cluster does not have knowledge of the cman attributes in its XML schema. So even though ccs and cman can interpret that option, system-config-cluster has no idea what it means and throws an error when you start it. You can typically just ignore those warnings.

-John