Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS upgrade questions

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Kadlecsik Jozsef wrote:

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our stable - but relative old - GFS1 cluster to
the new version of the stable branch. However as this will be our first
GFS1 upgrade, it's pretty unknown to us and there are some questions about
it I'd like to ask:

Could you be more specific from what version of the software you want to upgrade to what version?

- Is it possible to upgrade the machines one by one from GFS
 (cman/fencing/dlm/etc.) point of view?
- Is it possible to upgrade the machines one by one from the background
 dependencies (openais, clvmd) point of view?
- What about an upgrade from a non-corosync-dependent setup to a
 corosync-dependent one?
- Should we watch out any new cluster configuration option?

I'll be able to answer those questions in details, once you can be more specific.

Thanks
Fabio