Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS upgrade questions

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto redhat com> wrote:
> If you are running RHEL or CentOS, you have no reason to upgrade.
> the RHEL packages and the STABLE2 branch (cluster-2.03.xx) receives the same
> set of bug fixes.
> The main (and only) difference are the kernel modules. What comes with
> RHEL/CentOS is built for that kernel/release combination while
> cluster-2.03.xx follow upstream kernels (2.6.27 at this point in time).
> Upgrading from what CentOS/RHEL to corosync/cluster-3.0.0.alpha1 has the
> same problematics as described before.
> Fabio

Thanks Fabio for your clear explanation.

I was thinking about this upgrade just to see if the "two nodes" case
was better handled.

Here first we had to add a quorum disk, and despite this, we were
still having some troubles when rebooting (done with a reboot command
from a shell):
rgmanager waiting forever while stopping, services not migrating to
the second node, fencing not starting when the other node is powered
off (clean_start="1" and power fencing)...

Adding a third node _seems_ to have solved most of them, though.