[Linux-cluster] parallel fs vs. cluster fs

Hello,

I'm following the opensource cluster filesystem area for quite some time now. I was playing with gfs back then when it was still owned by Sistina and from the look of things today, gfs is still full of performance and reliabiliry issues.

I understand that clustered fs is a _hard_ problem ... but isn't solving it just waste of time?

Because recently I found www.gluster.org - a neat, simple, scalable, performant and reliable parallel filesystem, which does the almost same job as gfs, just better. Are there any scenarios where gfs would be more suitable than gluster?

Opinions?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org