[Linux-cluster] DLM Problem

Patrick Caulfeld pcaulfie at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 09:32:35 UTC 2008

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
>> Can you boot a single node, without any cluster software running, then
>> do the 'netstat -tap'. Then start the cluster software and do it again.
>
> compdev# netstat -tap
> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
> tcp 0 0 *:amanda      *:*            LISTEN      2371/xinetd
> tcp 0 0 *:netbios-ssn *:*            LISTEN      2444/smbd
> tcp 0 0 *:718            *:*            LISTEN      2232/rpc.statd
> tcp 0 0 *:sunrpc         *:*           LISTEN      2212/portmap
> tcp 0 0 *:10000          *:*           LISTEN      2885/perl
> tcp 0 0 *:microsoft-ds *:*           LISTEN      2444/smbd
> tcp 0 0 *:http              *:*           LISTEN      2424/httpd
> tcp 0 0 *:ssh              *:*           LISTEN      2356/sshd
> tcp 0 0 *:https            *:*           LISTEN      242 /httpd
> tcp 0 0 compdev:ssh  ::ffff:192.168.1.200:2685   ESTABLISHED 3134/0

OK, so that tells me that nothing else is using the DLM port.

>> If you get the error then, say so.
>
> I'll post the log at the end of this so as not to make it so hard to read.
> But, it's the same error and nothing blocking that port.
>
>> Then boot another node, using the same procedure.
>
> This will take me a little, I'll post the results shortly.
>
>> Post the results here along with the cluster.conf ... also make sure you
>> have the same version of EVERYTHING on both nodes ... that's software
>> AND cluster.conf
>
> All machines are exactly the same versions of everything. I've taken nodes out
> and left only a few nodes in place to simplify things.

cluster.conf looks fine too.

I don't need the LVM log. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted the syslog
extracts for the DLM startup. I also wanted to see the netstat AFTER
starting the dlm on the first node (and if there were any errors), then
the same things (on both nodes) when the second node was added.

Patrick