[Linux-cluster] problem with deleting a node from a cluster

I have a cluster of 3 nodes (RHEL5u1). Two are online and the third one is offline. I remove the offline one by propogating an updated version of cluster.conf by executing ccs_tool update command, then cman version command, and then I manually remove the cluster.conf from the offline node. Problem is after all these steps are performed clustat command on the remaining nodes in the cluster still shows the cluster as containing 3 nodes, including the one that I have just deleted.

Thanks!
Yan