[Linux-cluster] 2-node tie-breaking

Brian Kroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 7 15:44:25 UTC 2008

A simple way might be to check for that case specifically and assign a
preference to the node you want to win.  For instance:

if $can_ping_internal_nodes \
	&& $can_ping_external_nodes \
	&& ! $can_ping_cluster_node; then

	if [ $HOSTNAME == node2 ]; then
		self_fence
	else
		steal_cluster_nodes_resources
	fi
fi

I know that you can do this via clever scoring in heartbeat [1], but I'm
not sure about rgmanager.

[1] linux-ha.org

Brian