[Linux-cluster] fence_tool -c -w join failing

Hi,

I have a weird problem that I can't figure out. I have a two node cluster (<cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1">), which means that a node should be quorate on it's own, and there should be no problems for it to join it's own fence domain (presumably).

But when I do:
service cman start

All the components up to fenced start, but:
fence -c -w join
waits until it times out and never starts.

The logs don't seem to reveal anything other than that fenced failed to start. What are the likely causes of this kind of a problem? I don't have any real fencing devices defined (yet) in my cluster.conf, only the following stub entry:

<fence>
	<method name="1">
		<device name = "foo"/>
	</method>