Re: [Linux-cluster] Redundant (multipath)/Replicating NFS

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, isplist logicore net wrote:

Wow, centuries long storage :).

What a cool project. I can see how it might be interesting for sensitive data.

Are you thinking that it might have some value in pulling together storage
such as sperate NFS servers for example? I suppose it could be used in a local
manner while benefiting from it's features. I've got to read a bit more.

The main point of it is that it provides functionality that DDRAID used to, unly in a much more extensive and scaleable manner. It is bassically full RAIDn (i.e. n+m RAID) where you can choose the redundancy level you want, so of n+m drives, you can lose m and still have everything working.

Gordan