[Linux-cluster] help reqd. - VMware ESX 3.5 fencing

Brian Kroth bpkroth at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:06:16 UTC 2008

I'm running Gentoo, but that shouldn't make a difference.  Here's what I
did:

- install various support perl packages as listed in the VMWare perl
  tooklit 1.5 source install instructions.  This is the one from ESX
  3.5.

- install VMware-VIPerl-Toolkit-1.5.0-source.tar.gz

- copy the AppUtil directory as listed in the source code

- run the test cmd I posted earlier "echo stuff | fence_vi3"

I think the disconnect is probably due to differing vipertoolkit
versions.

I had also tried switching VIM2Runtime.pm with VIM25Runtime.pm, but to
no avail.  Switching that line to VIRuntime is what did it.

Brian

chris barry <Christopher.Barry at qlogic.com> 2008-02-28 09:51: