Re: [Linux-cluster] probe a special port and fence according to the result

Hi Lon!

"nc -z -w3 <IP> <Port>" hit the spot!

Thanks!

Am 29.02.2008 um 15:20 schrieb Lon Hohberger:

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 03:05:23PM +0100, Peter wrote:
Hi!

I am planning to test a service for availability and if the service is not available anymore, fence the node and start the service on another node.
Therefore, i need a clue how to probe a port with system tools.
Sure, with telnet there is a possibility to check. But i have no idea to avoid the interactivity. So it is too difficult for me to implement and
usually not allowed in this environment.

On Solaris, there is the "ping -p" command to test the availability of a
application waiting on a port. But for Redhat, i have no clue.

Could you please help?

Net Cat? (man nc ) ?