Re: [Linux-cluster] Redundant (multipath)/Replicating NFS

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, isplist logicore net wrote:

Anyone know of any RAID SATA chassis that would hold (at least) four 1TB
drives which could either hang on the network or behind the aggregator?

I've found that there is also ATA-over-Ethernet out there but it's pretty
pricey up front. I need something CHEAP initially for testing and evaluate.

Basically, the FC drives and chassis eat up an awful lot of power. I think I
could cut my costs down drastically with the above.

Getting a bit off topic here, but look into building your own. It would likely be the cheapest option. Make the box export directly what you need over IP, be it ATAoE, iSCSI or NFS.

Gordan