[Linux-cluster] NTP

Mariel Sebedio msebedio at invap.com.ar
Tue Jan 8 15:58:22 UTC 2008

Hello, I had the same problem and configuring this files with this
settings... (Sorry mi English)

The server A:
Edit  /etc/ntp.conf and setting this
Step 1 - server XXXXX (IP o name in /etc/host from where take the date-Time)
Step 2 - restrict XXXXX mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery
Step 3 - restrict XXXXX mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify notrap (in this case
restrict the net where is server B, dont put noquery because server B
query for time a this server)

In the file /etc/ntp/step-tickers mus be contain the IP or name in step 1

Start /etc/init.d/ntpd and in this case Sync whit the server that you
defined in Step 1

In Server B

Edit  /etc/ntp.conf and setting this
Step 1 - server XXXXX (IP o name in /etc/host SERVER A)
Step 2 - restrict IP o name SERVER A mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify
notrap noquery

In the file /etc/ntp/step-tickers mus be contain the IP or name in step
1 (SERVER A)

Start /etc/init.d/ntpd and in this case Sync whit the SERVER A

Good luck!!
Mariel

Yazan Albakheit wrote:

> Dear ,
>

>    Can you Help me in configuring the NTP between two nodes running
> RHEL_AS_V4_U5  .
>

>    I Have   two Server (A,B)   I want server B  to take its time from
> server A  only.
>

> Thanks.

Lic. Mariel Sebedio
Division Computos y Sistemas