Re: [Linux-cluster] fcntl locking lockup (dlm 1.07, GFS 6.1.5, kernel 2.6.9-67.EL)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Kevin Anderson wrote:

>  If it is a MSA20, MSA30 or MSA500 - they won't work with GFS.  Shared
> SCSI bus isn't really shared, accesses lock the bus such that when one
> node accesses the storage the other node is locked out.

But only temporarily, surely. The filesystem should expect some latency,
and all I/O is eventually serialised somewhere.

> GFS requires the ability to do shared concurrent access to the storage
> devices.  This probably explains the hangs you were seeing.

I doubt it. Both nodes were still able to access the file system. I also
think there that shouldn't be any disk I/O behind fcntl(). Am I wrong?

---
Charlie